As a Process Engineer you are responsible for the process design of parts our Waste-to-Energy plants during the proposal as well as the execution stage. You also take care of the commissioning and finetuning during the startup phase.
Based on standard P&ID’s, heat & mass balances, dimensional calculations, etc. you create project specific documents.
Throughout the project you closely work together with colleagues within the process engineering team and other engineers.
Your main tasks as Process Engineer
As a process engineer you are responsible for the design and commissioning of the main parts of our Waste-to-Energy installations such as ID fans, auxiliary fuel burners, primary and secondary air fans, boiler feedwater pumps, safety valves, feedwater tank, air preheaters/heat exchangers,…
- You evaluate the required contractual process guarantees and specifications during the proposal stage. You advise our colleagues from the business development and proposal management teams on this subject.
- You draft PFD’s, P&ID’s and dimensional calculations for the assigned parts of the Waste-to-Energy installation. Together with the process engineering team you will design the whole plant aligned with the contractual and legal demands.
- Next to that you do a detailed process design and provide project engineers with all necessary information. This way they can order and purchase packages and devices together with the procurement team.
- Your detailed process design will serve as an important source of information for other engineering teams such as piping, mechanical, instrumentation, automation for their specific design. You work closely together with the automation team to design the process control system (functional descriptions, control logic,….).
- Together with the other engineering disciplines you execute technical risk assessments and adapt the process design when necessary.
- You’ll visit our international projects to assist in the commissioning, start-up and training of operators.
- In preparation of this plant visit you will draft all necessary process performance test procedures.
- Together with our Plant Follow Up team you analyse data and ensure the follow-up of operating Waste-to-Energy plants.
- Depending on your personal interest and ambition you get the chance to either broaden your expertise in specific equipment or evolve towards other roles in our company such as proposal management, purchasing, project management,...
Our ideal Process Engineer
- Obtained a master degree in chemical, bio-engineering or related fields of study
- Has gained several years of experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment and is has knowledge of P&ID’s, PFD’s, process controls, chemical processing,....
- Is interested in or has a first experience in instrumentation, automation and mechanical design of process plants & installations.
- Is willing to travel occasionally to our international projects for commissioning and start-up activities
- In order to draft detailed process designs you work accurately and are detail-oriented.
- Working result oriented is a second nature in order to tackle challenges and achieve deadlines.
- Teamwork is key in our company. Therefore you are a good communicator and team player with specialists in other engineering teams.
- Written as well as spoken you communicate fluently in English.
We offer a competitive salary based on your experience. Next to that we provide extralegal benefits such as company car, bikelease plan, meal vouchers, medical & group insurance, …
You will yearly have 12 additional holidays next to the legal 20 days leave.
We mainly work from home during the Covid-19 pandemic. Our office is located in Klein-Willebroek next to the Rupel. Do you come by bike? We have a safe bicycle storage and shower rooms. Whether online or live, we regularly organize a team even. During lunchbreaks you cand find your colleagues in the recently renovated cafeteria, go out for a walk or go for a run to keep in shape.
Ready to design our process?
Want to build solutions for a cleaner future?
Apply now so we might welcome you in our team.