As an Electrical Engineer you are responsible for the electrical part of one of our Waste-to-Energy projects. You are involved from the quotation phase up to and including the implementation on site.
Throughout the project you will work closely with colleagues from other engineering teams and of course with your E&I team colleagues.
This way you work with us to create a cleaner future thanks to our international Waste-to-Energy projects.
Your main tasks as Electrical Engineer
You’ll participate in one of the current projects after you start. You will be responsible for one or more subprojects of the WtE plant in the field of electricity.
- During the quotation phase, you draw up the electrical concept, price calculation and choice of materials based on the specifications, the P&IDs and the installation schedules.
- You provide documentation and information for colleagues from the business development and proposal management team.
- You also work out the preparation of the electrical concept from basic engineering (single-wire diagram, block diagram, etc.) to detailed engineering (MV switchgear, transformers, MCC panels, diesel generators, UPS, cabling, control panels, ...).
- You follow up the detailed engineering in terms of electrical installation, including the electrical diagrams, 3D modeling of cable routing, etc.
- In the context of quotations, you accurately describe the work to be performed and the necessary electrical equipment.
- During the realization you follow up the electrical works and you test the installation on site (mainly in Asia and Europe) to ensure a good start-up.
Our ideal Electrical Engineer
- Holds a degree in Industrial Engineer Electricity or Electromechanics
- Has several years of experience with electrical installations and is well aware of the legal standards.
- Knowledge about cable calculation software is an added value.
- Is willing to make short or longer trips to our sites in Asia and Europe.
What you are good at
- You work meticulously to ensure a correct electrical design and implementation.
- Teamwork is crucial. You are then a reliable team player who works smoothly with various colleagues.
- You check the progress of each project and you work in a problem-solving and result-oriented way.
- Finally, you communicate fluently – both written and spoken in English.
Count on a competitive salary in line with your experience. This is supplemented with fringe benefits such as bicycle lease plan, meal vouchers, company car, hospitalization and group insurance, mobile phone, laptop, ...
You are also entitled to 12 extra days off on top of your statutory holiday. We don't have a collective closure.
At the moment we mainly work from home. Our office - beautifully situated on the Rupel - is accessible without traffic jams with flexible working hours. Are you coming by bike? We have secure bike shed & shower rooms.
Whether online or live, we organize an event on a regular basis. During lunch breaks there are always colleagues who take a walk, go for a jog or meet each other in the newly renovated refectory.
Want to contribute to a cleaner future as an Electrical Engineer?
Would you like to collaborate with our various engineering teams?
Apply now and maybe we'll meet soon!