As our Document Controller, you will play a pivotal role in our business by managing thousands of technical documents related to our waste-energy projects worldwide.
This includes design drawings, technical specifications, manuals, and material lists.
You will be responsible for ensuring that these documents are organized both internally within the organization and externally with our clients and partners, and easily accessible to all relevant stakeholders.
Your colleagues across departments, including engineering, quality and project management, and others, will depend on your expertise in document control to attain the operational excellence they strive for.
Your valuable contribution in driving impactful change will be crucial in supporting our pursuit of operational excellence on a daily basis.
In this role you will directly contribute to the transformation of non-recyclable waste into electricity for millions of households and businesses worldwide.
If you are passionate about creating a sustainable future for the generations to come, including your own children and grandchildren, then keep reading and make your mark!
About this position
Reporting directly to the Assistant Head of Project & Proposal Management, you'll be joining a team of 5 colleagues situated at the intersection of all departments within Keppel Seghers Belgium.
Collaborating closely with your team colleagues, including project engineers and project managers, is a critical aspect of your role. In addition to overseeing your own projects, you'll also be responsible in time for supervising the team's projects, while actively contributing to enhancing workflows and tools.
This position offers significant opportunities for professional growth, which will depend on your level of experience and the value you bring to the workplace.
The first 3 to 6 months (or longer) you will
- Update documentation daily in both internal and external Document Management Systems.
- Register incoming documents according to project guidelines.
- Modify documents as needed for timely distribution to internal and external parties.
- Prepare final project documentation and manuals for customers.
In the next phase
Once you have demonstrated your professional proficiency in managing all these tasks, you will be ready to take your skills to the next level by taking up a coordinating role.
At this stage you will focus on
- Optimizing team collaboration and workload levelling.
- Improving document processing workflows.
- Increase awareness of the impact of proper and thorough document control processes throughout the business and the entire lifecycle of the project.
- Facilitating document control training for all internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain a helicopter view of both your own projects and those of the team.
- Embed continuous improvement of processes at both department and corporate level.
As a team player and a future coordinator, your primary focus is on facilitating, team organization and achieving results. You thrive on complex challenges and your agility enables you to accomplish both short and long-term goals.
This is how you qualify as our candidate of choice!
Let’s talk requirements.
Skills and abilities
Nice to haves
- Good understanding of document control procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Laser sharp focus and an eye for detail.
- Proactive and ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Prioritizing tasks for both your own projects and those of your colleagues.
- Solid experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Document Management Systems (DMS).
- Able to take ownership of a task and/or project.
- Experience in administrative tasks in a complex engineering environment, manufacturing, construction, or even corporate work environment.
- Familiarity with tools for converting and editing PDFs.
- Previous team management skills.
You have a bachelor's degree (or equivalent by experience) and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Our workplace is truly global, with more than 20 nationalities represented in-house. As such, English serves as the official language of our organization.
- Proficiency in Dutch and/or French is highly valued and will enhance your ability to make a meaningful operational impact.
- Long-term, permanent contract, full-time.
- Mentorship! Who doesn’t want to be coached?
- Opportunity to grow into a senior position of Document Control Team Coordinator.
- Hybrid work: 3 days at the office, 2 days at home.
- Cool colleagues, both engineers and non-engineers. Yes! We consider ourselves to be amazing at what we do.
- Training: software, process optimization, people management, etc.
- Joining a vibrant community of experts dedicated to creating a sustainable world for present and future generations through the resolution of a global non-recyclable waste management challenge.
Proud, Passion and Professionalism (#3Ps).
Who we are in a nutshell.
Waste-to-Energy technology represents a viable solution for tackling the global challenge of non-recyclable waste. With an estimated 70% of the world's waste currently being sent to landfills, there is a critical need to implement more sustainable and environmentally friendly methods of waste disposal.
By converting waste into energy, Waste-to-Energy technology offers a way to reduce the volume of waste going to landfills while also generating clean and renewable energy. This can help to address the pressing environmental and climate issues associated with traditional landfill disposal methods.
As technology continues to advance and sustainability standards for waste-to-energy plants become increasingly stringent, each project we undertake at Keppel Seghers Belgium is unique. Our team of in-house experts is dedicated to tackling even the most complex challenges to deliver on our promise of creating a cleaner and healthier future.
At the heart of our work is a deep passion
for the projects we undertake and the positive impact they have on the world. We take great pride in the professionalism
and expertise of our teams, who work tirelessly to deliver top-quality results on every project.
We believe that our work is not just a job, but a mission to build a better world. This sense of purpose is what makes us proud
to be a part of the Keppel Seghers Belgium team.
Become part of our mission!
We are on a mission to tackle the colossal issue of non-recyclable waste by transforming it into a valuable resource: energy. Through our innovative waste-to-energy solutions, we aim to reduce the global pile of non-recyclable waste and promote a more sustainable future for all.
Whether you are a passionate individual, a forward-thinking business, or a community leader, we welcome you to collaborate with us in developing innovative waste-to-energy solutions that benefit people and the planet. Together, we can leave a positive mark on the world and pave the way towards a cleaner, more sustainable future. Join us today and become part of the solution!
|You are interested in the role of Document Controller but you don’t have all the required experience yet? No problem! We hire for potential. If you feel this role could be your first or next career move, just apply and let’s talk. We have an open mindset and ready to hear your story.
About the interview process
We like to move fast and probably you do too. We get it. Nevertheless, we believe in hiring people, not “just” candidates. We value individuals who have a unique story to share, and we are committed to dedicating time to hear it.
To give you a head start, this is how we work.
After applying via our website, we will provide a response
to your application within 7 working days of receipt. If you do not hear from us within this time, it is likely that we do not see an immediate match.
If your application sparked our interest, you will be invited for an online intake call
with our recruitment team. This call is an important step in the recruitment process and allows us to get to know you better, discuss the position you applied for, and explore any other opportunities that may be a good fit for your skills and experience.
If there is a mutual match between you and our team(s), we will proceed to the next step in the recruitment process. This typically involves an in-person interview
at our offices in Klein-Willebroek, Belgium. However, depending on your location and availability, we may also schedule a second online call with the team leader and/or the head of department.
The in-person interview
provides an opportunity for you to meet with our team(s) in person, tour our facilities, and get a feel for the workplace culture. During the interview, we will ask you more in-depth questions about your experience, qualifications, and motivations for applying for the position. We will also discuss the role and its requirements in greater detail and give you the chance to ask any questions you may have.
, if an in-person interview is not feasible, we may schedule a second online call
with the team leader and/or the head of department. This call will cover similar topics as the in-person interview but will be conducted via video conference. This approach allows us to connect with you remotely and ensure that we have a thorough understanding of your qualifications and fit for the position.
Regardless of the format, the next step in the recruitment process is an exciting opportunity to further explore the role and the company, and to demonstrate your qualifications and fit for the position. We look forward to working with you throughout the recruitment process and finding the best possible match for both sides
If everything goes well during the recruitment process, and we determine that you are the right fit for the position, we will extend an offer
to you. This offer will outline the details of the position, including the job title, responsibilities, compensation, benefits, and any other relevant information.
We understand that waiting for an offer can be a stressful time, which is why we strive to provide a prompt response to all candidates who participate in the recruitment process. In most cases, if we decide to move forward with an offer, you can expect to receive it shortly after the final interview or assessment.
If you receive an offer from us, we encourage you to take the time to carefully review it and consider all the details. We are committed to providing a fair and competitive offer that reflects your skills and experience, and we are always open to discussing any questions or concerns you may have.
Overall, receiving an offer is an exciting milestone in the recruitment process, and we look forward to working with you as you make this important decision. If you choose to accept our offer, we welcome you to the team and look forward to a long and productive relationship.
How to increase your chance of being selected?
While there is no guaranteed way to secure a position, there are several things you can do to improve your chances.
- Tailor your application to the position you are applying for. As part of our screening process, we carefully review all CVs and applications to identify candidates who meet our qualifications and requirements. However, we often find that generic CVs may not provide the specific information we are looking for, which can make it difficult for us to assess your fit for the position and result into a situation of missed opportunity for both sides.
- Add your cover letter. Tell us what makes you a suitable candidate for this position.
- Add a portfolio. In addition to the cover letter, you may even add a portfolio of projects you worked on. Afterall, images say more than a thousand words. Make sure your portfolio is relevant for the position you apply for showcasing your skills and expertise.
- Why Keppel Seghers Belgium? Add your motivation! We would love to hear your thoughts on why you believe Keppel Seghers Belgium would be the ideal employer for you. We are genuinely interested in understanding what motivates you and what you are looking for in a potential employer.