As a Data Scientist you are responsible for the analysis of plant data from Waste-to-Energy (WtE) plants. This way you support and expand technological knowledge and investigate the potential of new concepts and ideas. You are part of our Plant Follow Up team and will also work together with engineers from other teams. A great opportunity to use your experience and innovation mindset to contribute to a cleaner society.
Your main tasks as Data Scientist
The team’s goal is to support our customers in maintaining a maximum output and preventing shutdowns and technical issues via data gathering and analysis on operating WtE plants worldwide. We have been gathering historical data from over WtE plants for more than 10 years.Our team of 5 already have a well-developed process of gathering and analysing data
Together with you as our future Data Scientist we want to go further in exploring this data
and improving our technology.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will focus on
- Developing new AI tools
- Build new AI models
- Use CI/CD tools to deploy those models in our production environment
- Build a Linux Server or the docker containers for our installed dash-apps
- Build a GIT server
- Create new dashboards (Dash) to visualize the results of your data model.
- Explore the opportunities of other technologies and tools such as Deep Learning, …
You will closely work together with your team members and other teams such as process engineering, ….
For this collaboration you
- Prepare meetings & discussions
- Write reports and recommendations explaining the analysis and models
Our ideal Data Scientist
Obtained a Master of Sciences or PhD in Computer Sciences, Mathematics/Statistics, Physics or Engineering and has at least a first experience with data science, machine learning, ...
What you are good at
Regarding your data skills you have
- Extensive hands-on experience with Python is a must, (Pandas, Dash)
- Experience with Machine Learning/Deep Learning (Tensorflow, Keras, Scikit-learn)
- Knowledge of backend and deployment (Docker, Microservices, API)
- Basic Git knowledge
- Knowledge of SQL, (basic querying is a must, advanced stored procedures is a plus
And finally you are interested in topics such as chemical process engineering, thermodynamics,…in order to understand our core process as a Waste-to-Energy technology provider.
Count on a competitive salary in line with your experience. This is supplemented with fringe benefits such as bicycle lease plan, meal vouchers, company car, hospitalization and group insurance, mobile phone, laptop, ...
You are also entitled to 12 extra days off on top of your statutory holiday. We don't have a collective closure.
At the moment we mainly work from home. Our office - beautifully situated on the Rupel - is accessible without traffic jams with flexible working hours. Are you coming by bike? We have secure bike shed & shower rooms.
Whether online or live, we organize an event on a regular basis. During lunch breaks there are always colleagues who take a walk, go for a jog or meet each other in the newly renovated refectory.
Grab your chance to really make a difference and contribute to a sustainable society
Apply now and maybe we'll meet soon!